Tasting & Testing Tour
Stay informed !
Subscribe to our mailing list and we will keep you informed as we prepare for the next edition
Tasting & Testing Tour: get your new product innovations sampled.
In light of the current health crisis, we are faced with a large number of constraints and uncertainties which mean that we will no longer be able to hold the Tasting & Testing Tour in suitable conditions. The new online format of the convention makes it impossible to test out the products. We therefore invite you to join us for our next contest, to be held in 2023.
Please note: if you have already applied to take part in the Tasting & Testing Tour, we'll be contacting your shortly to fully reimburse your costs incurred.
In addition to a packed programme of conferences, themed workshops and B2B meetings, the event also gives you the unparalleled chance to take part in our Tasting & Testing contest.
You can showcase your product offering and get it tested out on a vast panel of more than 500 participants from around the world: distributors, business leaders, producers, processors, equipment suppliers, institution representatives and technical experts.
Packaging tests, product tests and sensory tests – take advantage of the Tasting & Testing Tour to fine-tune your products and make a greater impact when launching on the organic market !
Only 10 companies will be able to showcase their products in the special Tasting & Testing area in the convention centre.
Throughout the 2-day event, participants can vote for their favourite product for different categories. The winners for each category will be awarded their trophy at the end!
Professionals from across the organic sector will vote for the best product in each category, and a “favourite prize” will be awarded.
If you take part, you will...
- showcase your offering and be seen by economic organic decision-makers and future consumers.
- raise your profile through media coverage of the B.I.O.N’Days event (PR, etc.)
How it works - the tests and votes:
Your product will be on show in the very centre of the B.I.O.N’Days 2021 event, available for testing throughout the two days.
The 500 people expected to attend will be able to visit your space, in the gaps between B2B meetings and conferences, meet you in person and test out your new product innovations.
As a B.I.O.N’Days participant, you will be able to hand your questionnaire directly to the panel of consumers, and discuss their feedback.
All event participants can vote online for their favourite product for each category.
How can I take part?
General terms for participating in the Tasting & Testing Tour.
To take part in the Tasting & Testing Tour your product must be organically certified (or in the process of being certified), and must be related to at least one of the following different sectors: food industry, cosmetics, textiles and household cleaning products, or the service you provide must be aimed at stakeholders of the organic sector.
- Your product may be in the development stage, in the launch phase, or they may already have been on the market for under a year (prior to the B.I.O.N’Days event).
- There is a fee of €250 excl. VAT to take part in the Tasting & Testing Tour. To be eligible, the company must be signed up, and have at least one of its members attending the full two-day B.I.O.N’Days event. (See the B.I.O.N’Days list of registration Fees and conditions).
- Image reproduction rights: participants are made aware that the event in which they will take part will be given wide media coverage by the press, but also on the television, radio and internet. They are therefore likely to be pictured, mentioned or quoted in such media.
Overview of equipment and services supplied during the event
All participants will be provided with their own glass-top counter (around 70cm X 40 cm X 110 cm) to display their products.
In addition, you can bring your own advertising banner, (no wider than 70 cm or 85 cm), flyers and samples of your products.
As for the rest of the display material, it is up to each individual company to bring whatever equipment is needed to best showcase its products in the most practical and eye-catching way (this includes supplying your own glasses, spoons, verrines, fridges, plates, spittoons and napkins).
In addition to having a physical showcase on display throughout the event, your company name will appear on all our official B.I.O.N’Days communication tools and sites (website, printed material and social media pages).
The platform team ConnectYourSource will help you for free for the creation of your survey.
Selection criteria and key dates for applying to enter the Tasting & Testing Tour
Applications open as of the February 2021.
Applications close on 30th April 2021.
Applicants need to fill out a form presenting their product and send it along with the other documents required to arrive by 30th April 2021 at the latest. Any incomplete applications will be refused.
The official Tasting & Testing Tour 2021 Selection Committee, which is made up of members of the Cluster Bio team organizing the B.I.O.N’Days event, will select a maximum of 10 projects to take part in the contest. The selection criteria include the following :
- Your product is adapted to the market in terms of current consumer trend profiles
- Your product has an outstanding feature that sets it apart from the rest of the market and gives it a competitive edge (formulation, packaging and distribution means).
- You have a genuine and concrete testing need.
You will be informed as to whether your application has been successful or not in the first week of Mai 2021.